Once the passenger completes booking their British Airways flight ticket by going through the entire reservation procedure, what if they know later that they have made mistakes while filling in the personal details? However, passengers can follow the process for the British Airways name change if there are mistakes in their name. They need to be enlightened about the procedure and the policy to do it, and further, we will talk about the same.
What is the name change policy of British Airways?
If passengers start to make changes to their name mentioned on the flight ticket without glancing over British Airways's policy for a name change, they will only make more mistakes. Therefore, going through the guidelines of the policy is extremely important:
- Changing the name or correcting any errors from the ticket will be cost-free if passengers do it within 24 hours of purchasing the British Airways ticket.
- There are some big changes, such as the date of birth, gender, or surname, which cannot be done without submitting the required documents.
- Passengers are not permitted to change their full name as it will be considered that they are transferring the ticket, which is a punishable offense according to the policy.
- The spelling mistakes can be corrected easily and without any charges, and if passengers have a middle name, they can also add it.
- If passengers have been divorced or married, they can change their surname by providing the documents for the British Airways name change after marriage or divorce.
- Changing a name after marriage or divorce also requires the documents.
- Any changes to the name or surname are not allowed once passengers have checked in for their British Airways flight.
- As British Airways tickets are not transferable so make it certain that passengers do not take such steps.
- The documents passengers might need for the name change are the ticket, passport, government-issued identity, divorce papers/marriage certificates, driving license, etc.
- The Frequent Flyer program members or passengers traveling in first or business class can change their name anytime without any charges.
How much does it charge to change a name at British Airways?
The changes to the ticket name taking place after the 24-hour window will be chargeable. The British Airways name change fee is $25 and is fixed for all routes, classes, and ticket types. The change in the route or the class does not affect the cost of the name change.
How to name change online at British Airways?
Once passengers know everything about the policy while considering the name change. After the British Airways name change policy, the second thing is to do it; they should know the method. For the name change at British Airways, the following steps will be helpful:
- Visit the official website of British Airways.
- Then, at the top, click Manage and add the booking reference and the passenger's last name.
- Select “find my booking,” navigate to the Menu, and pick a name change from the modifications section.
- Fill in the form, add the correct details, and follow the commands on the screen.
- Submit the documents that the Airline demands and pay the name change charges if required.
- The new British Airways ticket will be sent to the registered email address of passengers or downloaded from the website.
Can I change my name at British Airways on the phone?
Yes, the passers can talk to the customer executives of British Airways on the phone and ask them their queries. Provide them with the ticket details so they can change the name of the flight ticket. Dialing 1-800-247-9297 will connect them to the Airline, and they can make any modifications. However, for significant changes, they need to submit the documents later on the link given by the executives.
How to change your name on the British Airways app?
The handier thing nowadays for most of us is the phone, and by having the British Airways app, passengers will stay connected all the time with them. They can access their flights, make changes, get information, etc. The advantages have no end, and for the name change, the simple procedure mentioned below will be enough:
- Firstly, passengers need to download the British Airways application.
- Then log in to the account, and by navigating to the Menu and Setting section, passengers must select the name change option.
- Complete the procedure and correct all the mistakes in the name.
- Submit the papers and download the new ticket.
Conclusion: the information which will be helpful for passengers whenever they need to modify their tickets, whether the name change or the flight change, is mentioned above in detail. If they still get queries with anything related to the name change policy or procedure, then they can navigate to the official webpage of British Airways.
Disclaimer: Airlineschange provides the booking,change flights,hotels for your travel as an individual travel agent. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines or travel service providing firm but we do reservation for the similar as an associate booking provider. Here we mean to serve the top and liable services to the customers without any intrusion of others.