Air India airline allows passengers to change their name on their flight tickets. The Air India name change policy enables passengers to make corrections to their names and to fly without any hassle. Sometimes, passengers mistakenly enter the wrong names in their flight tickets and need help correcting it. In that situation, they find ways to make these changes. Keep reading the article to learn about the Air India name change policy, terms and conditions, process, and fees.
What is the online process for an Air India name change?
The online name change process is one of the quickest and easiest ways to make corrections to the name. This method of name change can be performed by yourself and does not require much time and effort. The airline has made the online way of name change available to make the life of the passengers easy and hassle-free. Ensure you make corrections to the name before boarding your Air India Flight. If you do not do that, you will not be allowed to board your flight. To learn about the whole process of the online name change, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit Air India's official website.
- Click on the 'manage my booking' segment.
- Next, enter the booking reference number and the passenger's last name.
- After that, click on Search my flight.
- On the next page, you will see your flight with the airline.
- Next, click on Modify passenger's details.
- Make corrections to the name and provide the required documentation of proof.
- Pay the required name change fees.
- Double-check your corrected name before submitting it.
- Confirm the changes and again print or download your boarding pass.
Does Air India offer a name change service at the Airport?
Yes, you can make certain name changes to your Air India flight ticket by visiting the airline's help desk at the airport. The staff present at the help desk counter will assist you in correcting your name. In addition, they will also tell you about the terms and conditions of the airline name change policy and whether or not you are eligible for a name change. Understand that you will be required to pay the service charge and Air India name change fee if you choose to make a correction to your name at the airport. Follow the steps below to make changes to your name at the airport:
- Visit the airline help desk at the airport.
- Tell the customer care executive your concern.
- He will ask you for your booking reference number and the passenger's last name.
- After that, he will correct your name and ask you to pay a specific name change and service fee.
- Remember to bring your government-approved id.
- Once you have paid the fee, you will get a new ticket.
What are the terms and conditions of Air India's name change policy?
The Air India name change policy makes it possible for the passenger to make certain corrections to your name, and due to this reason before do not hesitate to book the airline flights. All the policies of the airline have been established keeping in mind all the unfavorable conditions. Before making corrections to your name, you must have knowledge of the airline name change policy. Go through the below-mentioned terms and conditions before choosing to make a correction to your name:
- As per the airline policy, passengers can make changes up to 2-3 characters.
- Only typo errors can be changed.
- The airline does not allow full changes to the name under any situation.
- Transferring a ticket to another person's name is not allowed.
- Fully unused tickets are only covered by the policy.
- The name on the ticket and the name on your government-approved id card must match fully.
- If your name got changed legally after booking your flight ticket ( due to any reason such as marriage, divorce, etc.), you would be required to reissue your flight ticket for a fee by submitting a piece of valid documentary evidence.
- You should make a correction to your name 24 hours before your flight schedule departure.
- The policy covers the ticket purchased through cash and credit card payment.
How much fee is charged by Air India for a name change?
The airline does not charge any correction fees if you want to correct up to three characters. But any changes made above three characters will necessitate you to pay a fee. The fee keeps changing, and to gain such information, you must contact the airline customer care at 1 (888) 634-1407. The customer care staff will not tell you about the fees but will also guide you through the name change process.
What type of requests Air India considers for a name change?
The Air India name correction policy covers the following request for the name change. The airline name change policy will not cover any request other than those mentioned below:
- Correction of misspelled name: You can request correction up to 3 characters to the first, middle, and last name.
- Correction of Initials.
- Surname change due to marriage or divorce: You must show any relevant legal document, such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree.
- Title change.
- Name change due to change in the passport name.
Disclaimer: Airlineschange provides the booking,change flights,hotels for your travel as an individual travel agent. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines or travel service providing firm but we do reservation for the similar as an associate booking provider. Here we mean to serve the top and liable services to the customers without any intrusion of others.