If you are booking a flight with Alaska Airlines and make a spelling mistake in the name, you can easily change the name. However, some charges will apply if you change it after 24 hours of booking. It is better to correct all the details if you do not want any problems at the time of departure. You can easily change your name with the airline by visiting their website or calling their customer service number.
Get Familiar with Alaska airlines name change policy
Every airline has its own policy to deal with certain situations according to its needs and preferences. Here are some points from Alaska Airlines name change policy which you can read to know how the airline deal with the name changing:
- You can change the name for free if you do it within 24 hours of the booking.
- Some charges will be applied if you change the name after 24 hours of booking.
- If your name is changed legally after booking the flight, you can change the name for free.
- If you want to make a name change because of the marriage, there is no need for it, as you can show the marriage certificate, and then you don't have to change your name.
- The airline lets you correct only three letters of the name.
The process to change the name on the Alaska airlines ticket
If any passenger wants to change the name, then the Alaska Airlines name change process is not hard, and one can easily do it from anywhere with the help of a mobile/laptop and a stable internet connection. Follow the methods given below, and you will be able to change the name:
Change the name online
- Visit the official website of the airline https://www.alaskaair.com or open the mobile app.
- Click on the "Manage" option from the home page.
- Enter the "PNR number" and "Passenger's last name."
- After that, you will be able to see the complete details of your flight.
- Select the "Change name" option.
- Write the correct details of your name and click on the "Submit" button.
- Then print the boarding pass with the right name.
Change the name by visiting the Airline office
The best method to change the name is by visiting the airline office, and you can directly tell them your problem face to face, and they will help you quickly with your problem, and you don't have to wait too long for their response.
Change the name by call
Suppose you want to contact the airline immediately, need any help, or have a query. In that case, you can call their customer service number 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522), select the language and service you need assistance with, and their executive will be connected to help you with your issue.
Know the Alaska airlines name change fee
Changing the name is not free of cost if you do it after 24 hours of booking. Around $135 will be charged to change your name. The Alaska Airlines name change fee is much higher because it sometimes leads to reissuing or canceling a ticket. The airline also lets you edit only three letters in your name.
No need for a middle name on the ticket
If you want to change the name because of any problem with your middle name, then you don't have to worry as it doesn't matter while booking a flight and it won't have to be on the boarding pass. The airport authority also does not care about your middle name.
After reading the above information, you must have gotten the idea of how to change your name on a plane ticket. If you still have issues, visit the airline's official website, read the FAQs available, or read any helpful article.
Disclaimer: Airlineschange provides the booking,change flights,hotels for your travel as an individual travel agent. We do not declare that we are any individual hotels, airlines or travel service providing firm but we do reservation for the similar as an associate booking provider. Here we mean to serve the top and liable services to the customers without any intrusion of others.
Leave a comment